{Script}

{CSS}

Slider Hack (Patch v1.29.55 Compatible)

Features:
  • Increase the default range between Minimum and Maximum of Facial Sliders;
  • Increase the maximum number of sliders available;


Installing the Hack
If you are unsure where to put .package files, read this article.

Crashing problems
Make sure you are using the new folder path, otherwise you need d3dx9_31.dll at your Game folder.
Read this article at ModTheSims if you want more details on where to install.
Also, make sure you don't have other core mods that replace UI.DLL, like Awesomemod.

Some people seem to have problem with this version, while it works fine for others.
While I have no idea why, as its working for some and other not.
This patch is not doing its job to update all games, it might be the cause of incompatibility.
Please, verify your versions or reapply the patches.

Slider Range Multiplier:
Version:


Compatibility: v1.29.55
Last Update: 11-12-16

365 comments :

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 365   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

Do you by any chance have a version of this for Ambitions only, no patches?

#MK said...

I do, I edited the post with a buton to older versions.

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo much!
It's the one that says "1.20.70" , right? Cause my version is "1.12.70", but i am guessing it's a typo?

#MK said...

Ops! Thanks for mentioning it.
I fixed it, yes it's 1.12.70*

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I really needed this since Jonha's hack hasn't been updated for the latest patch.

I have a request, feel free to disregard it if it's too much trouble. I use Twallan's Super Computer to increase slider range and Rez Delnava's tweaked UI mod which increases the fat/fit slider range. Would you consider making a version that only increases number of sliders available? I'm having a little trouble making everything work together.

#MK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnieBonnie said...

Thank you Mark!!! ^^

Sackgirl said...

oh my God. Thank you so much. Where have you been hidng this fantastic mod. This is like a dream come true. I use so many sliders, Jonha and Bella sliders. I put awesome mod in my game, but the only feature i use is the slider increase and slider range. Now i can take awesome mod out my game. Thank you so much. It works fine with Rez Tweaked UI mod too. Sorry if i rambled a bit. THANK YOU.

Sackgirl said...

you updated your mod, oh thank you. Now i'm going to update my game. U are the best.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! And thanks for making a compatible version for the non-default skin mod!

Ela said...

Thank you very much! :)

Anonymous said...

Will this make it able to slide really far? Like make a really big nose? I would like that.

#MK said...

Yay! Thanks guys for the comments! :)

Will this make it able to slide really far? Like make a really big nose? I would like that. "

YEP!
I even made a Pinochio Sim with this. (LOL)

Anonymous said...

aww I was really looking forward to having the fat and muscle sliders finally in my game once again. Really is a shame that we can't have both Rez and yours

Anonymous said...

is the Rez Delnava version a core mod aswell?

#MK said...

Yes, Rez is a core mod as well, which replaces UI.dll only;
Anon, the fat/muscle sliders are really simple to make.
I will write a small tutorial on them tomorrow so you can do it yourself. :)

I did not ventured myself yet in the world of custom hacks, but I plan, IF ever, to create a custom one that does not replace UI.dll, so we can have it compatible with every single one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for updating this mod, but my game is still crashing right at the first loading screen. I made sure I'm running the right version and removed any other core mods but it's still crashing. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

#MK said...

That's weird anon. It's working fine for many people.
The only mods this can conflict with as far as I know is Awesomemod (UI.dll) and Rez's Non-Default Skins (CASBasics).

Try removing all the CC and clearing your caches.
Dunno what might help though.

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to add a fix to the ugly smile the sims have in cas, and make them stand like they do after setting a new trait, also making them loook like the sims we make and not different?

Sackgirl said...

You are so up to date with your updates. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for this!

Is it possible you could edit this to make a Rez Delnava compatible version of this mod that has specific ranges for the overslide/underslide portion? For instance, most people I know of who use either the EGC or Awesomemod have their range on triple, so I was wondering if you could possibly do this?

Laith said...

Hey thanks alot for this hack, I've been dying to get it!!! I bought Fast Lane & I havent installed it yet :(
I just have a question, is the Rez Delnava compatible version is also compatible with Nraas Master Controller or not, because Nraas' hack already increases the ranges????
I've seen that you've made a version for the number of sliders only but it's for 1.14, could you make one for 1.15 :D Thanks alot in advance, I really appreciate your efforts :)

#MK said...

"Would it be possible to add a fix to the ugly smile the sims have in cas, and make them stand like they do after setting a new trait, also making them loook like the sims we make and not different?"

Uh. Not sure what you mean.
Awesomemod removes the annoying smiles on CAS though.

#MK said...

"Is it possible you could edit this to make a Rez Delnava compatible version of this mod that has specific ranges for the overslide/underslide portion?"

The Rez Delnava's compatible already changes the ranges of the sliders, but what you mean with a specific one?
I think the one I set up is enough, don't you think? You want to go higher/lower, that's it?
If I increase/decrease it would become pretty crappy, since a minimal change in the slider would generate a high amount of the slider.
Becoming pretty hard to tweak the slider better.

#MK said...

Laith: "I just have a question, is the Rez Delnava compatible version is also compatible with Nraas Master Controller or not, because Nraas' hack already increases the ranges?"

Well, I am not sure how does NRass mod change the range, if it's dynamical it should be compatbile.
But in any way I made an updated version that changes only the number of sliders available.

Anonymous said...

I think the one I set up is enough, don't you think? You want to go higher/lower, that's it?
If I increase/decrease it would become pretty crappy, since a minimal change in the slider would generate a high amount of the slider.


Oh, I wasn't sure what range you had it on anyway. But I use the EGC and always had it on triple because that's what most people seem to use regardless of whether they have AwesomeMod or the EGC. I didn't want anything higher than that because it can cause really weird results, and triple seems to be where most people cut-off. I do know that I wouldn't be able to use anything lower than a triple range as I've made several sims with it and for certain ones, their features almost go to the max of a particular slider. If it's too hard, that's ok.

#MK said...

I still don't get what you mean in relation to a specific range.
I set mine to x4 (#1024);
If you want to change the range yourself, download NRAss Compatible version, since it only change the number of sliders available.

Anonymous said...

"
"Would it be possible to add a fix to the ugly smile the sims have in cas, and make them stand like they do after setting a new trait, also making them loook like the sims we make and not different?"

Uh. Not sure what you mean.
Awesomemod removes the annoying smiles on CAS though."

It is the smile in cas that Awesome mod fixes I am thinking about. But I dont wanna use awesome mod. after I changed to your mod my game has run much smoother, and I have not had a single crash or freeze. That why I asked if you could include that in the mod or make a mod for it. Also the sliders and the smile thing was the only reason I used awesomemod.
But If you cant, you cant. I will still use your mod.

#MK said...

As I stated I did not ventured myself on custom hacks that uses the game libraries yet.
I am sure that smile thing is a simple thing to "block", but since I have no experience in this, yet, I can't help you with it. Sorry. "/

By the way, I see now Rez is, as well, changing the range for Muscle/Fat Sliders in a separate.
So you can now use the one I created for compatibility and have the change on those sliders as well!

Anonymous said...

Well if you cant change the smile no worries. I am happy you made this hack either way. So a thank you is in order :D Thank you.

Laith said...

Hey THANK YOU VERY MUCH for creating the Nraas compatible version, but when I used it the Rez Delnava mod stopped working (the custom skins didn't show up) & the fat/muscle sliders range increased (I'm using Rez mod without the fat/muscle double range)
I thought that the Nraas compatible version is also compatible with Rez's mod :(

Please Please can you make one with only the number of sliders increased without any slider range increased (in other words a version that is compatible with Nrass & Rez at the same time)

I installed FL and now I stopped playing because of that :( :(

#MK said...

Oh, Laith, I completely forgot to remove the CASBasics layout from the NRass package.
My folder of this project is so cluttered that I am lost to what I am doing sometimes.

Sorry about that, I uploaded it "fixed" now!

Laith said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :D
You really made my day :)
I've been checking your blog everyday waiting for you to fix it & now the wait is over thanks to you :)
I really appreciate your efforts & I'm sure that all the simmers do ^_^
I'm finally gonna play again :)

#MK said...

Yay! Glad you can play again!
Thanks sweetie for your patience with me. And sorry for taking so long. "/

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks so much for this! I have been using the Rez Delnava compatible one (that just changes the slider range and number of available sliders) and it works perfectly! I have the NRaas Master Controller, but I never use the slider multiplier on it because 1. it does not work in Sim bin global CAS but only "Edit in CAS" and 2. it isn't universal, which means you have to set it for each and every save game you have. Jonha's only removed the limitation on how many sliders you could have in the game.

So I hope in the future you will continue to make a version that just increases the minimum/maximum range of other sliders and removes the limitation without altering the fat/muscle sliders. This is perfect for me!

Kittycattylion said...

thank you so much for your quickness when it comes to updating this mod ^_^ I love it.

I, however, ran into a teensy problem.
whenever I try to take the LAYO file (I don't like my sims extremely skinny and/or muscular) out of the hack, the new breast and muscles/buff sliders disappear.
I don't have Late Night, just the new patch.

#MK said...

Hey Kitty thanks for testing it out. ^^
I tried to replicate the problem but the sliders showed just fine in here.

Are you trying to use Rez's mod?
Because he hasn't updated it yet, and there are people reporting this exact problem.

#MK said...

"Hi, I just wanted to say thanks so much for this! I have been using the Rez Delnava compatible one (that just changes the slider range and number of available sliders) and it works perfectly! ... "

Hey, thank you for your comment. ^^
Regarding NRaas mod, it works this way because his mods are dynamical, the code is implemented aside from the core files.
And the original CAS doesn't work maybe because his code isn't reached when launching it. The otherwise reason why "Edit in CAS" does.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a million aWT! You are so quick with your updates. I was afraid I would have to wait a will with the new patch.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
#MK said...

Anon, I will be moving your comment to the help page.
So this don't get flooded off-topic.

Kittycattylion said...

"Are you trying to use Rez's mod?
Because he hasn't updated it yet, and there are people reporting this exact problem."

should've thought of that.
removing it definitely solved my problem, thanks!

#MK said...

You're welcome sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

i havent use any sliders but i want to ... do i nned the oter sliders to work or are the all in this mode , sorry but i wish you could tell me... thank you so much

#MK said...

Hey! :b
Well, this isn't a slider, this is actually a slider hack.
Look for sliders here.

Anonymous said...

Is there still a chance of you posting how to adjust your sliders manually without downloading a hack? I'd really appreciate knowing that.

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I repeat something but do these mods help your non-default skins show up in game? I have late night and have installed all 3 of your mods but I still do not have my non-default skins show up. I've taken out Rez's mod and replaced it with yours and I've also updated my MasterController mod from the NRaas site. Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks.

#MK said...

"Is there still a chance of you posting how to adjust your sliders manually without downloading a hack? I'd really appreciate knowing that."

Not quite sure what you mean?
You mean how to create the hack itself?

#MK said...

"Sorry if I repeat something but do these mods help your non-default skins show up in game? I have late night and have installed all 3 of your mods but I still do not have my non-default skins show up. I've taken out Rez's mod and replaced it with yours and I've also updated my MasterController mod from the NRaas site. Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks."

Unfortunately no, Rez needs to update his mod to change the layout of the skin box.
You can still use this mod and have non-default skins, all you have to do is use the mouse wheel to scroll through the list.
Wait, you used all 3? You should have only one!
They are meant to be compatible with other mods, so you need the other mods, if you are looking for compatibility.

Anonymous said...

Um I have a question ^__^ Do you need a tunable core mod to make this hack work?? Because as of the moment there is no tunable core mod for the late night ex. pack. So whenever I put this hack in my game it crashes at the loading screen, but when i take it out everything works fine. (Lol and just to let you kno I dnt hav Awesome mod):D thnks!

#MK said...

Hya! :D
No you don't need any tunable core mode for this. First of all, you need to make sure you have no other mod that may conflict with it, it may be the reason of the crash.
Because many people tested it and it seems to be working fine.

Anonymous said...

What is the multiplier for facial sliders, and the fit/fat sliders?

#MK said...

Facial Slider is 4x.
Fit/Fat Slider is 2x.
Slider Limit is 5x.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunantely this mod causes my game to crash, I do not have no other mods installed into my game, i have world adventures with the latest patch can someone please help, thanks!

#MK said...

Are you using the old folder path? Some people were having crashes because of that.
Changing to new folder path at Documents fixed those.

This mod has been tested throughly and if it's not a conflict or version mismatch you have there's not much room for guess since you have no other mods.

Anonymous said...

I'm using a Mac, and everytime I load the game with the mod in the packages folder it crashes.
I have removed all of the custom content and have just played it with the mod and it still doesn't work; when I leave out the mod and add my custom content it works fine!
I'm not sure what can be done to fix it, any tips?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Working fine with NRass.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hopefully you can help me :) I have just installed Ambitions and Late night and patched up to 6.0.81 and this hack keeps crashing my game after the intro credits. I always used this before alone, without any Nraas or Rez Delnava items and without any other core mods and it never made an issue. I went in, took out the old version, updated it to this version, and boom - crash. Help please? :/

Anonymous said...

"Are you using the old folder path? Some people were having crashes because of that.
Changing to new folder path at Documents fixed those.

This mod has been tested throughly and if it's not a conflict or version mismatch you have there's not much room for guess since you have no other mods."

Where is the new location to save it? I'm running sims on Mac and am having the problems with crashing.

#MK said...

Since many people are having issues I might redo this again, though don't see anything that can help.
Assemblies are just built within my changes on game code.

New Path would be at Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages;
See this article for more information.

Anonymous said...

The hack also crashes my game, and in documents I don't have such path as Mods/Packages, I tried to create it manually, but then it just acts like it isn't there, what to do ? :| I have all addons except fast lane stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi, aWT!

I was wondering if you could create or instruct me on creating a non-core mod that allows for same-sex pregnancy and naked woohoo?

I don't want to use Twallan's Woohooer because it also changes the jealousy system and adds the "try for baby" and "woohoo" selection outside of the romantic actions. I basically want the menu to be just like EA's (where the options only show up under "Extremely Irresistible" or if you have special traits such as family-oriented) but with the added option of "Try for Baby" for same sex couples. I looked at the XML files for Socializing and SocializingTuning but did not find where to change it or what values to change to allow for same-sex pregnancy or to create an outfit change to allow naked woohoo.

#MK said...

"The hack also crashes my game, and in documents I don't have such path as Mods/Packages, I tried to create it manually, but then it just acts like it isn't there, what to do ? :| I have all addons except fast lane stuff."

Look on the article I mentioned one post above yours how to create one.

#MK said...

"Hi, aWT! I was wondering if you could create or instruct me on creating a non-core mod that allows for same-sex pregnancy and naked woohoo?"

To create a non-core mod you need to be familiar with C# (preferably) programming language.
You need to make references to the game assembly resource to what you will override.
Since Twallan does what you want, I recommend you to dissasembly his code and modify/remove the parts you don't want.

Not all functions may be appealing and you might not know what they do at first, but take a deep read into their commands before you modify it.

And be careful, unless you know what you are doing, making a change into the game coding can harm your game if the code is not made properly.
If you need further help you can send me an email we shall discuss this further.

said...

for anyone on a mac having probs with game crashing here's what finally worked for me!

download this file http://mod.gib.me/sims3/files/d3dx9_31.dll , and, in your sims game directory (not the one in documents but the actual game!) there should be a directory called "Game" and inside that is the "Bin" directory, drop this d3dx9_31.dll file in the "Bin" directory before installing this hack and any extra sliders! to reiterate the directory you're dropping this file into should read as follows...

your_computer_name/Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll

i know it's long but it's cause of the framework thing. also i only play with base game on my mac so no EPs or SPs. i believe the path to mods changed after Ambitions so this is pre-Ambitions path. apparently this file is not needed if you're using the new path system. see details here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416

bah! i'm shit at explaining but if anyone has any questions just shoot and i'll try my best.

and thanks aWT for this!!! i can not believe after several hours of trouble shooting i finally got my sliders!! it's all i wanted *blissful sigh*

Anonymous said...

I just went to download the latest nraas compatible version and it took me to a download page that said rez compatible...

#MK said...

My fault! Fixed it, sorry! XD

Anonymous said...

Hey aWT, just wanted to let you know that I was one of the people who had crash issues with the last patch one.
I updated my game and using the new slider it's working, it didn't crashed this time.
Thank again for this!

blue_genjutsu said...

Thank you for providing this mod!

Anonymous said...

Hi :)
Erm, I wondered if anyone can help me, as i'm in a bit of a puzzle.
What do i use if I have both Rez's mod and NRaas?
Really i would like to increase slider range and the number of sliders.

I would really appreciate anyones help.
And also thankyou so much for making these AWT!
x.

Anonymous said...

hi everybody sorry for my bad english i'm french so...i need help
in fact, with sims 3 last night vip i can't use many slide CAS skin x10 or x5. Moreover, when i use a non replacement skin the new slide for muscle included in sims 3 last night doesn't work so if someone have a answer for me thanhs

Anonymous said...

At first my game crashed but when i created a new path folder and got rid of the old one my game works perfectly now, thanks!

Kittycattylion said...

did you by any chance delete or move the increased range on the eyelashes? because I really thought that was way neat! ^.^
(my simmies adore them some fake-looking lashes from time to time)

once again, thank you for your impeccable work and speed.

Anonymous said...

I miss the increased eyelash range aswell.. That was awesome

Anonymous said...

I agree with you guys, i looooved the increased eyelash range my sims looked liked true divas honey, pleeeease bring it back, thanks we appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

With the older hack I could make my Sims eyelashes longer than the normal range provided by EA...with this updated hack...I don't have that option. Is there anyway to add that part back please?

Thanks <3
Cece

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I didn't read the previous comments before I posted my request. :)

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong, but I think the eyelashes is dependent on which version (default, Rez Del Nava, Nrass) you are using. I'm saying that I don't think it is aWT's slider hack at fault, and that it's the updated (or lack of) of said mods.

I've never checked the eyelashes when I had the default (wish I had) but I recently switched to the Nrass version of this hack and the sliders for master control do not seem to be increased, it looks to me like it is set at EA default min/max ranges.

Just sayin', I haven't testing anything.

Anonymous said...

To anyone who's having problems with their game crashing and does have any conflicting mods, here's what you need to do.....
1.Go to my documents creat a new folder called mods
2.Save the resource.cfg file inside the mods folder which you can get here
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files(just copy and paste)
3.Creat a new folder called packages.
4.You are going to need a tool to extract package files for example Winrar
5.Once you extract the files put them inside your package folder then your good to go.

Anonymous said...

Anyone able to make an independant increased range slider for the eye lashes? Would surely love that. Thanks.

#MK said...

Thanks everyone for feedback, and sorry for late reply.

For the person asking for the Skintone mod, Rez doesn't seem to be updating his mod anymore, instead use this one made by Anach.
It is working fine with last patch.

#MK said...

As for the Eye Lash slider, I did not applied all the changes I used to do as for the last ones.
Reason why it was because it was causing conflict with bidirectional sliders.
But a friend of mine recommended me to use IL instead of build up all the library.
And it seems that solved that issue.

I redid using IL, here's a picture of max EyeLash.
You can't go that far with the current one?

Kittycattylion said...

nopes, just the average length.
(or did you mean to say you updated it several minutes ago using IL?)

#MK said...

And thanks a lot socosims for the help, I will add that information on the topic.

"What do i use if I have both Rez's mod and NRaas?"
You only choose one compatible version.
For example, Rez compatible is the same as mine but with no layout file.
And NRaas changes only the number of sliders available, not the range, as his mod does that.
So, since you have NRaas, go with his mod's compatible instead of Rez one.

#MK said...

Kitty, that one I didn't uploaded, but if that's what you guys are referring to I just need to rearrange the files and I will update the files in a moment. ;)

Kittycattylion said...

that'd be lovely, thank you very much!! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Yes please and thanks :)

#MK said...

Ok, I updated the slider, can you try now and see if range is good? :D

Kittycattylion said...

works like a charm! :)
a thousand times thank you~

Kitty approves of aWT's work. *thumbs up*

Anonymous said...

Love it, thanks so much!!!!!!!! :D

#MK said...

Yay, glad it's fine now! You're very welcome! ^^
Some people were complaining the range of being too much, I would like more opinions on this, because the slider hack purpose it exactly to increase it more.
Or maybe I can make different versions of ranges, don't know... :/

Anonymous said...

The increased slider ranges is near invaluable to those of us that like to knit-pick our Sim creations. It allows us to be able to really create something more unique and to our own tastes.

Myself, and I'm sure many others, thank you very much for the addition of the increased slider range.

Thank you, and keep on being awesome, aWT! =]

Anonymous said...

Please always include it in your future slider hack updates, or in some way share an independant version of the increased eye lash range if possible. That way people can choose for themselves. Anyway, if it was too much they could just slide the lenght down, so it shoudn't really be a problem, lol. Thanks again!!! We have a slider for making them smaller feet, i miss smaller hands and a chance for a thinner neck as sometimes the necklaces go straight through their necks as it's too wide. How about dimple sliders? That would make some unique simmies.. Just some ideas here if someone wants to have a go at it :)

Anonymous said...

Yayz!!!! Thanks bunches!! As far as some ranges being a bit too exaggerated, perhaps. Maybe you can kinda of pick and choose. I know that I have to tap gently to adjust or my Sims get major deformed. Also the randoms come a tad scary. Otherwise this is an awesome mod and I greatly appreciate what you are doing for us!! <3

Anonymous said...

I made a pretty sim, but, her hands are shaking, so i'm not sure i want to share her. Love thelong eye lashes. Thank you!!!

#MK said...

Thanks guys, I was actually thinking on porting this mod into an executable.
Which you would run yourself at each patch and it would "create itself".
Of course, such thing would be a little complex. But I will see what I can do.
Right now I am focused on finishing the script tool.

Anon above, someone mentioend before it happens when you randomize a Sim, and if you put the sliders to the default range they would stop shaking.
But if you create a new Sim, try recreating from one of the Bin, that way it would not have already the limit on some sliders.

#MK said...

Anon with ideas, those are really great.
Though they would be a little complex to implement, making a slider you have to move out vertexes of the body mesh, and regarding the neck it would be a little hard to make it thinner/wider without having difficulties with gaps on the head.
I might try it on some other time, as I am flooded with things right now...

I tried once to make a forehead slider, but there's no bones there so I ended up making a eye axis slider! Ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

Nice you like the ideas, how about a slider for bigger nosetrils? Some people have really big ones and i can't make my sims look like them at all, lol. There's no rush at all if you at all would be interrested in trying to make any.. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

My game is updated to the latest patch, i created a new path folder and i do not have any other mods. the slider hack works great in the CAS, but when i get ready to play the actual game it crashes, can someone please help me with this, thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone i was having problem the game crashing during gameplay with everything installed correctly, if you have helper monkey, unistall it, because what is going to happen is the package files are going to be put inside of your root folder which its not suppose to go there if your game is patched. You need to extract your files without helper monkey, put them inside of a folder on your desktop, them copy them and placed them inside mod/package folder in MY DOCUMENTS, i hope this was helpful, thanks

Ravenkurama said...

I need some help. I've tried this and its still makes my game crash. I don't have any other core mods and I've even tried removing all the other mods and leaving yours. :/ still nothing.

Anonymous said...

Hey love angel, Im going to try my best to help you if i can. First thing i need to know is your game updated with the latest patch. Secondly do you have any other skintones installed other than what the base game provides, if so download the Rez delnava version of this mod and you shouldn't have any problems.

Anonymous said...

I was reading some of the comments and I just wanted to say that my eyelash slider does work, i'm not sure why others didn't, i have the rez version of this mod, i don't know if that plays a part in it, but my eyelash slider does work :)

Anonymous said...

This mod crashes my game period. I have everything installed correctly and properly, i have no other mods, skintones, careers ect. This mod works fine in the CAS, but when i get ready to play the actual game it crashes. When i remove the mod it works just fine. Can someone please help, thanks.

Anonymous said...

To everyone having crashing problems and have a new path folder and no other mods installed, my question to you is, do you have any worlds installed, because it is very possible that the world may not be compatable with the latest patch, if that is the case, try unistalling it, and you should be able to use the mod without the game crashing, thanks...

Ravenkurama said...

all of my games are updated except for HELS and my Late night. Do they all need to be updated?

Anonymous said...

To aWT, i just wanted to let you know i love this mod, it works perfectly in my game, everything works including the eyelashes, so i just wanted to tell you thankyou for all your hard work.

Ravenkurama said...

^^ I've finally got it~ all mods must go it Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods. Mine were installed the old way. Also the updated cracked version of the resource file is need for anyone else who is having trouble.

#MK said...

Sorry for late reply, I've not been with much time until now.
Thanks for your comments, I am glad you worked all your problems, and thanks Anonymous user so much for your support on helping people on this thread. I-We appreciate it. :D
The main fault of the crashing is the mod being on the old path, and in case you don't have d3dx9_31.dll in your Bin folder.
That dll will replace some functions that will make the game able to read core mods as well, if you don't have it, it crashes.
Recommendation is to have this on the Documents path folder, which makes that dll unnecessary.

By the way, Anonymous, the eye lash slider wasn't working when I first released the 1.18.9 compatible, just now that I fixed that. XD

Anonymous with ideas, you have really great ones, I will see what I can do, by the way I think bella3lek4 was receiving requests on doing some new sliders.

#MK said...

love_angel_raven, make sure you have all the games updated.
If you patch Base Game you must patch it to the the ones compatible to them.
If you are unsure which, you can look at the Path Table Generator as I keep them row-to-row as new updates come.

Anonymous said...

can't i have both slider number hack & slider range hack in game ?
is there a way to make it possible?

Anonymous said...

I'm having problems trying to make his mod work. I'm on a mac and I use the new path,although i've tried it on the old path too, but it didn't work either way. I have the d3dx9_31.dll in my bin folder but it still crashes. The game crashes after a few seconds of gameplay but never in CAS. I have the NRass storyprogression, and I was wondering if that might be the reason, I'm using the NRaas compatible version of your sliders.

#MK said...

"can't i have both slider number hack & slider range hack in game ?"

Read main post.

"I'm having problems trying to make his mod work. I'm on a mac"

Unfortunately I don't own a Mac, so I can't provide full support regarding it.
If there is a specific way to build a library in Unix-based systems I am not aware of.
To know if it's really this hack then remove it and see if it runs as it should.

Anonymous said...

okay, i'm totally lost. i have the base game ( 1.17 patch) and late night ep (6.0.81 patch). no other ep's (yet). which version do i need to download?

Anonymous said...

... and i also have Anach_CASSkins6x4_1.17 mod. is this compatible with it? to how many sliders this mod increases?

#MK said...

If you have the CASBasics mod you should download "Rez Delnava Compatbile".
Since you have old update, look in the link for olderr versions.

Anonymous said...

i have anach's mod, rez delnava has not updated his mod for LN.

Anonymous said...

Hello aWT! I don't know if you are familiar with this mod, this is actually a request for a compatible mod.
CmarNYC has made a new mod that add more tattoo locations on the body.
I wanted to ask if it's possible for you to make a compatible version for that too...
Here is the link: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=420683
Thank you for your hard work and keeping this mod updated for us!

Anonymous said...

oh aWT I beg of thee, please could you make one seperate core mod that just removes slider limit, oh please. Awesome mod isn't updated, jonhas core mod isnt updated, Twallans just increases the limit, and I really shouldn't have these two # Increase the default range between Minimum and Maximum of the Fat/Muscle sliders;
# Increase the default range between Minimum and Maximum of other sliders
qualities in my game since it will be big bother when I'm making morphs for my creations. Pretty please, I'd be ever so greatful.

#MK said...

"oh aWT I beg of thee, please could you make one seperate core mod that just removes slider limit, oh please."

You can download the NRaas version, it does exactly that.

"Hello aWT! I don't know if you are familiar with this mod, this is actually a request for a compatible mod."

Just loaded the page, incredible mod!
However she is making a separate version that includes tweaks on the slider.
So there is no need to make a compatible mod for it.
You are welcome!

Next update seems to be 1st Feb, I will be rather busy this day, however I will try to be updated asap. ; )

Anonymous said...

Hey aWT,

I love this mod, but could you please release a future version that only increases the range by three times instead of the four you have it on now? Or even better, could you make a version similar to Awesomemod or AD85/BaXiM's core mod that lets you choose the multiplier amount for the range yourself? I mean a global choice, as I don't think it's practical to use Twallan's Master Controller version and have to set the multiplier for each and every save game...and his version doesn't let you do it from the full, original CAS anyway (his slider hack only takes effect after you have a Sim in-game and use his "Edit in CAS" option to take them back). I ask this for a few reasons:

1. It would be more practical that way. I feel that four times is way too much and as Jonha warned, when the ranges are pushed to the extremes, it causes the hands to start shaking. With your slider hack in, random Sims are shaking when they are generated because the game tends to pick the extremes of the sliders instead of normal spots.

2. Most people that I've seen create Sims (both celebrity and normal) with the multiplier only tripled.

3. It causes the hairline to look very wonky with Peggy hairs and other hairs that do not use the correct mesh comments. I realize this isn't your fault at all, but since there isn't a way yet to go in and change the mesh comments on her hairs, the hairs look very distorted around the hairline and there are even large gaps and splits that prevent me from using the hairs. This is without going in and editing any of the eye sliders at all. It is more apparent when a slider hack is set to multiply by four times instead of three.

#MK said...

Next release will have the ranges you refer.
It will take more time of course, but it's worth.
Since people have different choices, and sometimes others want to go higher/lower.

Regarding NRaas, his mod functions aside from the game core and inject information into it. This one acts as a Default Replacement, so ranges are in there by default. Hence why.

Next update I will be including more flavours. Chocolate will do?

Anonymous said...

^Thank you so much, aWT! To be honest, I don't know what I'd do without your slider hack. I was using BaXiM's/AD85's and while their core is good, they just took way too long to update. You get updates out almost as soon as a patch or expansion are released and I REALLY appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Hello aWT!

I used to use your slider hack for Late Night and it worked great! However, I've gone back to playing only up to Ambitions and am now having trouble finding the correct version of the slider hack to place in the game. At the top of the comments, you say that your version 1.12.70 is compatible with Ambitions without patches. My Ambitions game is version 4.6.6. Could you please help me figure out which version of your slider hack would best work for me? Thanks a bunch! :)

#MK said...

If you are unsure of what patch match with base game, you can look at the Patch Table Generator for reference.

PrettyPinx said...

ok, just tried to click on the dowload latest version tab, btu nothing happened. could someone post the direct link on here so I can download please? thanks!

Anonymous said...

^ Try a different browser, worked for me.

Anonymous said...

i have your slider hack (v1.17)which slider range multiplier it belongs to?
is it 2x?

Anonymous said...

do you speak portuguese?

#MK said...

I fixed the problem with scripts not working in IE, was just a bad placed comma in my script.

"i have your slider hack (v1.17)which slider range multiplier it belongs to?"
Older Versions are this range.

"do you speak portuguese?"
Yes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!!! I like the new voices (5x), am also looking forward to try it out more :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this mod. I am not sure I understand when you say "CASBasics compatible version is same as my default one, increase ranges as well slider amount". Are they strictly identical or what are the differences ? Thanks.

Mateusz R. Orzech said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks a lot for this mod. I have problem however, after downloading I can't install or uninstall custom content and looks like I dont have any other mods replacing UI.dll. I have NL expansion pack. Should I download older ver.?

Anonymous said...

slider limit is 5X so it's mean that i can have 100 slider instead of default (20) ?

#MK said...

"I am not sure I understand when you say "CASBasics compatible version is same as my default one, increase ranges as well slider amount". Are they strictly identical or what are the differences ?"

Well, they are the same, only difference is that it does not contain the CASBasics layout file in the package. For compatibility.

"I can't install or uninstall custom content and looks like I dont have any other mods replacing UI.dll. I have NL expansion pack. Should I download older ver.?"

That doesn't sound problem with this hack, you refer to installing using the Launcher?
If so, does removing this mod return its functionality?

"slider limit is 5X so it's mean that i can have 100 slider instead of default (20) ?"

All slider ranges are set to 100, the Slider Range Multiplier affects only the amount of minimum/maximum that a slider can reach.

:)

Anonymous said...

I go to download the files, and while it says they download... upon extraction there is nothing there. In any of the 'up to date' sections. Am I missing something, or have they been removed/deleted/corrupted?

#MK said...

Everything is working fine here, try downloading again. :/

Anonymous said...

Yea, still nothing.
As said, the downloading is fine. Its upon the extraction that there is the problem. Says it is either 'unknown format' or 'damaged'.

Looking through the old versions, the ones that will extract fine are the ones with the little 'package' on the mediafire page. The ones that dont just have a 'blank page' next to them... if that makes sense.

Sorry for the trouble if Im just stupid and missing something. D=

#MK said...

Can you try extracting using 7Zip?
As those are compressed using WinRAR algorithm, and now I use 7Z as it's smarter and helps a lot with the compression size.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I tryed what you said and it did work.
Sorry for so much trouble

#MK said...

No harm done. Glad it worked out. ^^

Zennifair said...

I might be missing it, but I cannot find where it says how many extra sliders are added when using the NRAAS Compatible version. I know the amount given by EA is 20. How many will this mod add?

Thank you,
Zenn

#MK said...

Zennifair, slider amount would be 100.
As for now we don't have as many sliders that surpass such value.

Zennifair said...

Thanks so much for the answer and the hack. It's so useful. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!! Its More Awesome than o-O? Luv it!

ghostface said...

I'm sorry dude but I have a question. Have you heard of johna CAS sliders? Is that a core mod as well? i had actually tried the game with yours and johnas and the game would shut down about 20 seconds in. But then I removed johna's sliders and it still wouldn't work. I read your suggestions but it doesct seem to help. I have all the expansion packs.

Anonymous said...

I do have it in the right Mods/Packages folder, but for some reason the game would shutdown after the firstintro animation. I have everything but fast lane and outdoor living, will that effect your slider to work or not? I don't have the d3dx9_31.dll installed because when I did install it last time my game crashed and had to reinstall it all. I just finished reinstalling it so I don't have anything in my Documents/Sims/Downloads folder, or anything in my Mods/Packages folder yet. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous said...

same problem here...i've downloaded the file then I installed it in the mod/packages folder and strar the game then after the intro it just shut down....help please!!!!

#MK said...

ghostface, Jonha's hack is a core mod as well, and it will conflict with this one.
You need to check to see if it's really this mod causing the problem, as you stated removing it, it was still present.

The d3dx9_31.dll is required only when using the old Mods path.
Check this article on how to setup your framework correctly.

Anonymous said...

Can you please upgrade these sliders to work with the new game version. i have many sims that were created using these sliders and after installing the generations expansion pack this mod no loner works and also causes the game not to load so the only way i can get the game to work is to remove the file from the mods folder - please and thank you

Tiago said...

aWT, we need a compatible version to Generations!!!

Please!

Ahmed said...

First, I want to thank you for this AWESOME hack, keep up the good work.
Second, I know it takes work to upgrade, but we need one for generations. Thanks again :D

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with some others, this mod is amazing and I cannot live without. CANNOT! lol, which means I really hope you update this for Generations soon! :) But either way, thank you for making this mod at all.

Anonymous said...

Generations is out and some of us already have! But the hacks do not work with it, of course. When can we expect an update?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Some of you sure are impatient aren't you?! aWT I love that you take the time to create & share stuff with us. Keep up the awesome work and I will wait PATIENTLY for updates. Thanks again! <3

#MK said...

I already made a compatible for the newest build.
But I can not release without confirmation of which version the game will be.

There is no official announcement yet, so I rather not make something available that might not be the latest version compatible at the moment.

#MK said...

Update: v1.22.9 Compatible

Lila said...

dont working on generations :(

#MK said...

Strange, they are working here.
Did you downloaded a specific range? If so, which one?
Anyone else with it not working too?

Randomsimsplaya said...

Just completed some testing, the x2 option for default works in Generations, options x3, x4 and x5 will freeze the game, failing to pass the main loading screen with the Golden Family Tree Art.

Randomsimsplaya said...

Forgot to mention in the above post, AWT, thank you for your brilliant work (up till now)!

#MK said...

That is weird, they are all working for me...

Must be my game then, I guess it was due to this last patch, not all EPs/SPs were patched.

I will have to reinstall everything unfortunately...
Weird most is that 2x works...
Well, I will only be able to do that at the weekend.. sorry about that, but will be fixed.

Anonymous said...

When I downloaded the 3x slider I noticed the file said version 1.19.44. Did you maybe upload the wrong file?

Jada said...

I'm confused. I was under the impression this WASN'T a core mod. But after reading:

Also, make sure you don't have other core mods that replace UI.DLL, like Awesomemod.

I'm confused. Is or isn't this slider hack a core mod?

Thanks, Jada

bilo said...

Hey... I have version 8.0.152 and the game keeps giving me an error whenever I try to start it up. It says I have something loaded that isn't compatible with my version. But when I take either the slider hack out or the master controller, all works fine. It's not letting me use both anymore even though they're both updated. Any idea what could be causing it? I don't have any other major mods.

Filipe Patriani said...

Hi! Thanks for updating your mod so quickly! I'd like to report an error: I've download the Nraas-compatible version, but even though I got the increased number of sliders, the range returned to EA default and I've already set MC slider multiplier to 5. I've removed this mod and then the range increased properly. Anyone else having the same problem?

Anonymous said...

This is great but it doesn't let me choose which range I want to download. I can't select the 3x range which is the one I want, or any other range for that matter. Is there something wrong with your page? Thanks!

#MK said...

After some testing in here, it seems this patch didn't updated all my games correctly.

As I stated, I plan to make a new build of this version again.

#MK said...

Okay, I've remade this build, however with the dll updated from my notebook.
This patch still does not patch my other games, and for me it's completely broken.

If anyone can be kind to test it, as I still need to reinstall all my games on my hosts just because of this borked patch...

chobits said...

Thanks for updating, it must be very frustrating to have to reinstall everything again. I tried this version and it still shuts down my game :( My launcher says that I have Version 8.0.152.

Anonymous said...

I tried x5, default version, in CAS and tried a few random sims and the sliders seemed to work till suddenly it all stopped working. I was gonna try the eyelash slider, but, it didn't opened an option for it and after that no options were available. I've the newest update and sims generations installed.

#MK said...

Yeah, it's my game then, I don't know why it isn't updating it properly.
This is probably the worst patch I've ever installed.

If any of you can upload the gameplay.package file in the Game/Bin of your base game in which have the latest update I would be able to update it according to this last one properly, hoping so.
Seems it's the only way, as my game just don't want to update properly no matter what.
Says base game is updated but all others are not...

Getting me all nervous already....

Anonymous said...

aWT, you got mail :)

Anonymous said...

May I make a suggestion? On the download page above this comment section, could you add a "Last Update: 'Date', 'Time'"? Currently, when the patch is having issues, I'd like to keep checking back to see how your progressing towards a fix, but I have no way to see save to wade through comments when your last update was. Thanks!

Cecesaun1 said...

Hi aWT, my launcher kept telling me that my game was up to date but I knew that it wasn't. I checked around and found out this is a problem for many. Go to the ts3 forum and they have a link to manually update your game until they get it fixed. If I come across the link again I will come back here and post it for you.
This is more than likely what's going on with you.
Hope this helps ya!

Cece

Anonymous said...

Hi aWT, I originally had the NumSliders, until my game updated and then it became incompatible. So I found that you had updated the NumSliders and I installed them. I've come across a problem with this version, it seems to have messed up my CAS. I can click on every tab except Looks. But once I click on Looks, no other tab will work anymore (can't open Basics, Clothing, Personality, etc.) I've tried using many different sims, ones that I know have used the older version of the numslider, ones that didn't, and default EA ones, but it happens on all kinds. The only other hack I have installed is the updated NRASS, but I also have the Jonha Sliders and some other body part sliders for the jaw, belly, breasts, neck, shoulder, legs, butt, and eyes. I'm kind of wondering if one of those is the cause? Thanks for your help!

Anonymous said...

Im also faced with the same problem as said above :( With the NumSliders, once the Looks tab is open you cannot go anywhere else. Can you please find a fix to this? :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, since I had both CASBasics and NrassMC I tried the version compatible with Anach's, once in the game I got the same result. As for the Default, I tried with no luck. Basically for some reason, with the mod installed, the game wont allow you to edit your sim in CAS. So for now I'll wait for the update. Thank you for your help~

Cecesaun1 said...

Hi aWT, I hate to feel as though you are being bombarded I just wanted to let you know, I have no problems with game crashing, but I am experiencing the same problem as the 2 post above.

It won't let me do anything. I will keep checking back to see if you are able to fix this. I hope you can. <3

Thanks for everything!! :)

#MK said...

Thank you all for your reports.
I was busy and wasn't able to update this again.

Someone sent me the gameplay.package and I made a new version based upon it.
Here I stay in hope it works as my game is not working anymore.

This patch broke everything in here, I need to reinstall now all the games.
Thanks Cecesaun1 for letting me know I am not the only one with problems.
Although I did installed the patch manually but it still wasn't installed properly as I checked all the hashes once again.

I hope you guys can test it for me, as I am not able to.

I disabled my default version until I can get the CASBasics LAYO for this proper patch.

My apologies.

#MK said...

I have to go travel now so I won't be here. But I will probably come back either today or tomorrow still.

Until!

Anonymous said...

Just had generations installed and it's not working for me....
I click on "jaw" and "cheek" sections and no sliders appear :(
Anyone else having this problem?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, now it's working perfectly!
I've just took the mod out of the folder and put in back in and deleted all cache files.
Thanks heaps for this mod. Can't do sims without it :)

Anonymous said...

Working great here now! thanks for your time updating it for us! :)

Cecesaun1 said...

You are more than welcome aWT! Anything you need me to do just let me know. Either leave a message here or pm me on my site...you don't have to be a member to send me a pm. cstylessims3forum or email me at cstylessims3forum@gmail.com I check both of these often.

...you will get it worked out! <3

Anonymous said...

I tried the new version that you fixed 6-4-11, but now I can't even open the launcher. It starts to open then within moments windows tells me it has stopped working and closes the application. I removed the hack, but it's still happening. I even deleted the hack cache, but it's still happening. Since it's working for some people and not others, I can only guess that it has something to do with the other mods installed. Do you have list of known conflicts?

Anonymous said...

it seems like he updated it as the new one is 6-5-11. I just tried it I was with the same problems as the people above, that it made the tabs not working anymore. It is working great in here, the mod worked with no problems and the ranges are there, was test with eye lahs and face sliders. thank you for your updates for and having patience with us. :)

Anonymous said...

aWT, when you get everything fixed and release the final version for this patch, could you look into adding numerical values for the slider ranges like Twallan has? I like Twallan's, but his slider hack isn't core so it doesn't work in full CAS mode, only CAS, so yours is much better. Also, yours is good because you don't have to set the multiplier for each and every game you have.

The numerical values are very useful because it lets you know exactly what value is set for each slider and in case something happens, you could write them down and quickly get your Sim's faces/bodies exactly where you had them before. I think the values are only for the ranges under "Looks" and not the fat/muscle sliders or anything like that.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

*only CAS should've been "only Edit in CAS"

Anonymous said...

I have found a solution to my particular problem with this. I discovered that the EA download manager was out of date, once I updated that and rebooted my computer, everything worked as it should. I'm still wanting to get a list of known conflicts between this and other hacks, so if anyone has that can you post it here? Thanks!

Cecesaun1 said...

Hi aWT,

I don't know if you were able to fix it on your end or not, but it's now working fine for me. I did what someone else did and just took it out of my game, downloaded it again and then reinstalled it.
Of course...this could be a fixed version and I just missed it! O-O I do that sometimes! Lol!

Thanks so much and as mentioned...if you need me test something if you are having problems just ask. <3

Anonymous said...

"aWT, when you get everything fixed and release the final version for this patch, could you look into adding numerical values for the slider ranges like Twallan has? I like Twallan's, but his slider hack isn't core so it doesn't work in full CAS mode, only CAS, so yours is much better. Also, yours is good because you don't have to set the multiplier for each and every game you have."

I also noticed that when I installed your CASBasics hack last night that it overrode the numerical slider values of Twallan's when I chose "edit in CAS" from his Master Controller menu. The values just didn't show up at all anymore. The values return with your mod removed. I looked into getting the NRaas compatible version of your mod, but I didn't because it just said it increased the number of sliders available and I need a global range multiplier as well. I have to use a core mod because I have Jonha and Ahmad's sliders as well as other custom ones and my jaw and cheek sliders are non-functional in full CAS mode.

So that's another reason I think it would be good to add numerical values in your own.

Here is a screenshot of the values with the multiplier at 3x:

http://i53.tinypic.com/10s9ohy.jpg

#MK said...

"could you look into adding numerical values for the slider ranges like Twallan has?"

I don't get what you mean, numerical values, like the ones in parenthesis Twallan has?

The problem you are having is because the sim you are editing was already modified without Twallan mod with it, as it would register the slider range modified to be shown.
What Twallan does is to inject his code when you run the CAS extension of the mod, that is why it doesn't replace the values by default.
And the reason his compatible version is only to increase the amount of sliders available.
Personally, I use this own mod together with the MasterController, because I can choose which range the slider multiple will be.

In addition, I would only be able to add such feature by making this mod through scripting, which I changed from making it so a while now to turn it into IL code.
And many people had problems with it being a script, probably my compiler, don't know, but I don't think I should make that change again due to that, sorry.

#MK said...

Cecesaun1 thanks again, in my game, it's funny it always had worked, but as it's borked (still need to reinstall... lazy..) I was not being comprehensive with how it would with others's. XD

This version I have to thank for a kind user whom provided me the file of the updated patch, and for the patience of my friend to test it.

If you like to candidate to test that would be most welcome!
I would not use you as a bait to explode your PC, of course!

#MK said...

As for a mod compatibility, this will conflict with every kind of UI CORE Mod.
Comes to mind,
- Awesomemod
- XCAS

I highly recommend you to check XCAS it has lots of new tattoo locations to be expanded in the game.
Those are the only ones I know of..
If you happen to know more that are not compatible, let me know.

#MK said...

Also, thank you all for the support, of course.
Just ask that be a little more patient with me, because I am busy with life and work and I am not always available for my hobbies. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, it would be nice, if someone helps me to choose the "right" download, it overcharges me a little bit :(

Greets Alex

#MK said...

This patch is a killer!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 365   Newer› Newest»